Energy Biscuits (Dairy & Gluten Free)
- 200g butter (Olivani if you are going dairy free for breastfeeding)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup (packed) brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond essence
- 1 ½ cups plain flour (for gluten free use half tapioca and half rice flour)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups of cereal (click here for cereal recipe)
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1 cup chocolate chips (if going dairy free for breastfeeding then substitute with 1 cup of cereal)
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Mix the softened butter and the next five ingredients together in a large bowl,
- Stir in the flour and baking soda.
- Add everything else and mix, using a wooden spoon or your hand.
- Shape with two spoons or put flattened rounds of mixture on baking-paper lined trays, leaving space for spreading.
- Bake in batches for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned,
- Cool on a rack.
Last Updated: 17 May 2013